Next tour dates
March 15-26, 2021
3 star, camping
Medium to Strenuous
Max. 8 people
USD $3,395 per person
A journey in search of Snow Leopards requires patience, perseverance, a sense of adventure, and acceptance of what the wilderness has to offer. The Snow Leopard is a secretive creature that inhabits expansive, rugged terrain in one of the harshest environments on the planet. Very few people have the chance to observe this animal in the wild, especially in a relatively short period of time – the lucky ones might merely catch glimpses of its shadowy figure as it passes swiftly by on silent feet.
However, the search in and of itself and spending time in the harsh beauty of the landscape is an opportunity few people are afforded. The journey alone is a once-in-a-lifetime experience and the intrepid will be rewarded with chances to see a variety of interesting and rare wildlife and take stunning photographs while surrounded by breath-taking scenery.
Lest we forget, there are also human inhabitants in these rugged mountains. Their culture is steeped in traditional Buddhist practices and this trip will include visits to some of their magnificent monasteries and picturesque villages.
India: In Search of the Snow Leopard Tour
- Length: 12 days
- Maximum number of participants: 8*
- Single Supplement: US$420
- Lodging: High quality hotel while in Leh. We’ll camp in tents while in Hemis NP
- Food: Fresh, traditional Indian cuisine
- Weather: Below-freezing temperatures and snow
- Difficulty: Medium to Strenuous. On some days we may hike for several hours at a time in moderately steep terrain and very cold, harsh weather.
* With smaller groups, an additional fee will be charged.
Your participation in the Snow Leopard tour will be contribute directly to Snow Leopard conservation. Whitehawk donates a percentage of its profits from this trip to Snow Leopard Trust, one of the leading organizations dedicated to the conservation of this endangered cat.