Next tour dates
July 1-12, 2020
Max. 8 people
USD $4,025 per person
Colombia is considered a mega-diverse country, due, in part, to its awe-inspiring array of different habitats and ecosystems which are home to approximately one-fifth of the bird species on Earth. The Andean Mountain Range is one region that stands out for its incredible biodiversity, with richness in birds and high endemism. The Colombian Andes are divided into three mountain ranges, creating different conditions in each range and within the Inter-Andean Valleys. High-elevation paramo, humid montane forest, cloud forest and dry forest are just some of the ecosystems found in this region.
During our Colombia birding tour, we will explore these habitats from Cali to Bogota, as we search for the region’s incredibly beautiful and fascinating birds. This tour offers the possibility to see more than 25 endemic species, including Brown-banded Antpitta, Cauca Guan, White-mantled Barbet and the flashy Multicolored Tanager, as well as many other striking species unique to tropical America. Moreover, you will love the Colombian landscapes, rich culture and welcoming atmosphere.
Colombia Birding Tour: Three Andean Mountain Ranges
- Length: 12 days
- Maximum number of participants: 8*
- Single Supplement: US$330
- Lodging: Nice, clean and comfortable with private bath.
- Food: Fresh, traditional cuisine.
- Weather: Warm and humid in the valleys (lowlands) and temperate to cold in the highlands. Rain can be expected.
- Difficulty: Moderate. Medium to long walks at a gentle pace, though some days will require longer walks on steep and/or muddy terrain. Some long drives and local air travel required.
* With smaller groups, an additional fee will be charged.