Next tour dates
10-19 November 2020
3 – 4 stars
Easy to moderate
Max. 8 people
USD $2,630 per person
Panama, a biodiversity hotspot, is home to the largest number of birds of any country in Central America. Smaller than South Carolina, it has over a thousand recorded bird species. This astonishing diversity is easily accessible, making it possible to attain a very long bird list within a short period of time. What’s more, it is possible to see more than a hundred regional endemics. For these reasons, Panama is one of the top birding destinations in the world.
This 10-day Panama birding tour explores the Central and Western regions of the country, from the Panama Canal to the border of Costa Rica. Along the way, we will visit several life zones of the tropical forest, including dry forest, lowland rainforest, wet forest, and cloud forest, each with its unique landscapes and inhabitants.
Panama Birding Tour: A Biodiversity Hotspot
- Length: 10 days
- Maximum number of participants: 8*
- Single Supplement: US$520
- Lodging: Comfortable and clean hotels and inns
- Food: Quality, fresh, local ingredients prepared in Panamanian and International styles
- Weather: Warm and humid in the Central Region. Cool and humid in the Western highlands, particularly at night.
- Difficulty: Easy to Moderate. Most days will include a fair amount of walking within undulating terrain.
* With smaller groups, an additional fee will be charged.