Next tour dates
December 7-14, 2020
3 – 4 stars
Max. 8 people
USD $2,645 per person
During our ornitherapy tours, our goal is to practice birding in a mindful way – thus this 8-day tour Panama Birding and Yoga tour is designed to be quite different from a typical birding trip. Everything will run at a much slower pace – we will take our time to truly enjoy the beauty and wonder of the birds we do see, while also learning about their natural history. We will also have time to visit local markets, walk nature trails, enjoy time at the beach, take a Stand-up Paddle Board lesson or partake in a vegetarian cooking class. We have also scheduled some important free time for you to explore on your own, take a hammock siesta, practice walking meditation on a small labyrinth, relax with a good book, or swim in the ocean – only a 5-min walk from our hotel.
Additionally, a certified Yoga instructor will be present throughout the tour to provide optional group classes each afternoon when birds and other wildlife are less active. Whether you have a long-standing yoga practice, or are interested in experiencing yoga for the first time, we will offer gentle, back-to-the-basics yoga classes that fit everyone’s needs.
Panama Birding and Yoga Tour
- Length: 8 days
- Maximum number of participants: 8*
- Single Supplement: US$375
- Lodging: We will spend 5 nights at the lovely Istmo Yoga and Adventure Retreat boutique hotel, situated on 4 acres of land, including an
acre of beautiful dry forest. We will spend two nights at a high quality hotel about 10 minutes from the entrance to Soberania National Park.
- Food: Very good vegetarian cuisine while at Istmo. Otherwise, delicious traditional, local dishes.
- Weather: Hot and humid for the most part, with the possibility of cooler temperatures in the evening. Rain can be expected.
- Difficulty:Easy to medium with short walks at a gentle pace. Some trails may be muddy and/or on uneven surfaces with some inclines.
* With smaller groups, an additional fee will be charged.