Next tour dates
February 29 – March 15, 2020
3 – 4 stars
Max. 8 people
USD $4,830 per person
India is the seventh largest country in the world. Its history, culture and cuisine lure travelers from all around the world – making it one of the top destinations for tourism. Though often overlooked, its abundant wildlife and beautiful landscapes also offer some amazing nature experiences for the intrepid traveler. From the high, cold peaks of the Himalayas, to the dense tropical forests of the northeast, India is a virtual mosaic of unique and wondrous habitats. It is considered a “mega diverse” country and is home to more than 13% of the world’s avian species and more than 8% of its mammals.
Throughout most of the Tiger Safari India: Birding & Tigers tour we will be exploring dry, deciduous forest, riparian and meadow landscapes as we venture into India’s wilderness in search of some of the subcontinent’s most unique and iconic wildlife, including some of the more than 1,300 bird species recorded for the country.
However, our main target for this tour is one of the most majestic animals in the world – the Bengal Tiger.
Tiger Safari India: Birding & Tigers
- Length: 16 days
- Maximum number of participants: 8*
- Single Supplement: US$950
- Lodging: Comfortable hotels and nature resorts
- Food: Fresh, traditional Indian cuisine
- Weather: Cool in the mornings and evenings, and very hot at mid-day
- Difficulty: Easy. Most of our birding will be done via 4×4 Jeeps, but we will have breaks in the afternoon to stretch our legs. Some days will require long drives between destinations.
* With smaller groups, an additional fee will be charged.