Next tour dates
October 8-21, 2020
Max. 8 people
USD $6,870 per person
Australia is a vast continent, extending over 7,600,000 square kilometers and encompassing a variety of beautiful landscapes, including deserts, tropical rainforests, high mountains and of course, the Great Barrier Reef – and underwater wonder.
Considered a mega diverse country, Australia is home to some unique wildlife found nowhere else on Earth, including the spectacular Duck-billed Platypus, which we will search for on this trip. Additionally, over 40% of its more than 800 bird species are endemic.
During this 2-week Australia birding tour we will get a taste of some of the amazing experiences that Australia has to offer. We will travel from wetlands to rainforests, and from sandy beaches to gently flowing rivers, in search of some of the country’s most iconic birds and wildlife, such as Southern Cassowary, White-bellied Sea-Eagle, Laughing Kookaburra, Superb Fruit-Dove, Satin Bowerbird and Victoria’s Riflebird.
Wild Australia Birding Tour: Rainforests to Reefs
- Length: 14 days
- Maximum number of participants: 8*
- Single Supplement: US$690
- Lodging: Nice, clean and comfortable with private bath
- Food: Hearty local and international cuisine
- Weather: Warm temperatures during the day. A jacket or sweater is recommended for evenings.
- Difficulty: Moderate. We will be doing some walks, but at a gentle pace, and some days will require long hours driving on bumpy roads.
* With smaller groups, an additional fee will be charged.