Next tour dates
October 10-17, 2020
3 – 4 stars
Easy to moderate
Max. 8 people
USD $1,890 per person
The Panama Canal is located in the center of one of the world’s most biologically diverse areas and is surrounded by a substantial stretch of protected areas within the Panama Canal watershed. Here, close to two-thirds of the more than one thousand bird species registered in the country can be found. our Birds of the Panama Canal tour focuses on the fantastic avifauna found here!
Though the inter-oceanic route of the Panama Canal is what makes it most famous, there is much more to this watershed than meets the eye. It extends from the highest elevations of the surrounding hills and mountains and is traversed by a forest corridor from the mangroves and dry forests on the Pacific slope to the wetter Caribbean slope forests. And, nestled in the middle of all this, is the gorgeous Gatun Lake, home to a number of aquatic birds, as well as mammals, reptiles, and amphibians.
In eight days we will visit both coasts, as we traverse through different landscapes in search of the more than 650 birds that live around the Panama Canal zone.
Birds of the Panama Canal Tour
- Length: 8 days
- Maximum number of participants: 8*
- Single Supplement: US$325
- Lodging: Comfortable and clean hotels and inns
- Food: Quality, fresh, local ingredients prepared in Panamanian and International styles
- Weather: A humid climate in all areas. Temperature varies according elevation, cold in the high area and warm in the lower elevations.
- Difficulty: Easy to Moderate. Most days will include a fair amount of walking within undulating terrain.
* With smaller groups, an additional fee will be charged.