BELIZE BIRDING TOURS
Bordered by Mexico, Guatemala and the Caribbean Sea, Belize is a small country with big natural and cultural treasures. Nestled in the heart of the Mayan world, Belize strives to protect extensive forests and other habitats, making this country a nature lover's paradise. It is easy to get around and access some fantastic wildlife sanctuaries, including Crooked Tree, Mountain Pine Ridge and Cockscomb Basin, the world's first and only Jaguar preserve.
Our Belize birding tours focus on the exquisite bird life here. Belize is an excellent destination for those new to Neotropical birding, where it is easy to familiarize yourself with toucans, hummingbirds, wrens, tanagers, trogons and more. It is a great place to find some Yucatan specialties including Ocellated Turkey, Yucatan Jay, Yucatan Woodpecker, Black Catbird and Rose-throated Tanager. As we venture through Belize, its biodiversity becomes apparent - mammals, butterflies, reptiles and so much more entertain us along the way.
Belize is also a great destination to slow down the pace and connect with nature in some of the most beautiful places that Central America has to offer. The soothing streams and awe-inspiring waterfalls of its mountainous interior, and the crystal blue waters surrounding its Caribbean islands make the perfect setting for our Ornitherapy tours. Combining mindful activities such as yoga and meditation into a Belize birding tour will allow you to really get in touch with the natural world through the beauty of birds.
Why travel to Belize?
- A great destination for birding, home to dozens of Yucatan specialties
- See Jabiru and other waders at the renowned Crooked Tree Wildlife Sanctuary, a designated RAMSAR wetland
- Step back in time and visit some of the best-preserved Mayan ruins, including Tikal in neighboring Guatemala
- The colorful Keel-billed Toucan is Belize's official national bird
- Belize's vast Mountain Pine Ridge is a raptor lover's paradise
- Explore the underwater wonders of Belize's Caribbean coast, home to the second largest barrier reef in the world
- Belize has a great selection of beautiful and comfortable ecolodges
- It offers great opportunities for bird and wildlife photography
OUR BELIZE BIRDING TOURS
We offer you two great options for exploring Belize:
1. Experience the best of birding in Belize with our signature, 7-day tour. This tour is open to your preferred dates, and can be run all year round.
2. Indulge in an introduction to Neotropical birds and combine yoga and meditation into your birding practice with our unique ornitherapy tour. This is a great way to enjoy the beauty and behavior of birds, and connect with nature.
Belize is one of our top destinations, and there is much to explore here. We are happy to work with you to design your dream Belize birding tour of a lifetime. Depending on your interests, we can also incorporate activities such as visiting grandiose Mayan ruins, including Tikal in Guatemala, or a snorkeling adventure at Hol Chan Marine Reserve.
Just fill out our customize your tour form and get started on planning your next amazing journey with Whitehawk.
Want to learn more?
Want to learn more about the birds and wildlife of Belize, or what to expect on a Belize birding tour? Watch our video on YouTube or read more on our Whitehawk Birding Blog:
Top 10 Birding Sites in Central America
Fascinating Owls and our Central American Top 10
National Birds of Central America